Trinity believes in tithing. Since all gifts come from God, 10% of all offerings/gifts that Trinity receives are tithed back out to the community in the form of Benevolence. This money is distributed:
- By our youth to area organizations through the Trinity Youth Community Fund
- By our Social Ministry and Missions committees to international and local organizations in need of assistance to keep doing their mission and ministry work
- To many national and local nonprofit organizations including:
- Packaged food collected for food pantries during the Souper Bowl of Caring
- Funds for the hungry raised through the youth’s 30 Hour Famine
- A tithe for youth activities and ministry raised through CU Football Parking
- Gifts collected for needy families with a Giving Tree in December
- Casas for Cristo mission trip
- And more!
ELCA congregations gave $1.8 billion in regular offerings last year. Where does it go? This video shares how our congregational offerings support the ministries of the ELCA and the church around the world.