Adult Education Isn’t Only for Sundays
Led by Pastor Mark, our Wednesday night bible study is an opportunity to grow deeper in our Christian faith which ultimately informs how we live in community. Studies include:
- Delving deeper into a particular Book of the Bible.
- Tracing a theme through Scriptures.
- Using aspects of our faith (10 Commandments, Lord’s Prayer, Creed) as spiritual practice.
- Reading and discussing works of current faith leaders.
Conversation Around The Shack
Wednesday Evenings 7:00pm
Sept 6 – Nov 15
Led by Pastor Mark
In the book and movie entitled The Shack a little girl is abducted and evidence that she has been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later, in the midst of his great sadness, her father receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment, the father goes to the shack and walks back into his darkest nightmare. In the process he meets and spends time with God.
Using the book The Shack as a starting point, we will explore questions such as:
- “Who is God?”
- “What is evil?”
- “What is forgiveness?”
- “What is God’s role in life?”
You will need to have the book The Shack for class conversation and participation.