When is the last time you had a truly memorable Lent? This Lent you are invited to change that. You’re invited on a Lenten journey of transformation which begins on Ash Wednesday, March 1, and ends on Easter Day, April 16. Let’s walk together.
To help us on our Lenten journey:
- Devotional materials are available in the narthex.
For families with young kids up to 5th grade: Footsteps to the Cross by David Mead
For Youth Ages 11 to High School: The SEE-Son of Lent by David Mead
For Adults: Moving Toward the CROSS Reflections on the Writing of Frederick Buechner by Martin Marty
- The Sunday morning worship theme during Lent is “The Way of the Cross.”
- The theme for our Wednesday evening Lenten services is “Parents of the Passion,” parenting for faith, hope, trust, honesty, and love.
- Each Sunday in Lent, congregants will receive (by email) a daily Lenten challenge relating to the theme of that week.
- Soup dinners are back! Beginning March 8 for 5 Wednesdays, join us for a soup supper before the
mid-week Lenten services. Dinner is at 6:15 p.m. in the Church Fellowship Hall. If you are able to donate bread, butter, soup or cookies for an evening, please sign-up on the sheets located on the tri-fold bulletin board in the narthex.