The 10 Parables of Mark
Sundays, Feb 18, 25, March 4, 11, 18
9:30am in the Chapel
Mark records only 10 of the parables that Jesus told. Matthew records 24 and Luke records 13. Why does Mark only record 10? Which ones were they? Why do we think he chose these? How do they fit in the overall portrait of Jesus he is painting?
We will begin the study in looking at the themes and theology of Mark and then work through his parables. Those parables are:
- The Cloth and Wineskins (Mk 2:21-22)
- The Strong Man (Mk 3:23-27)
- The Sower (Mk 4:3-8)
- The Lamp (Mk 4:21-25)
- The Seed that Grows Itself (Mk 4:26-29)
- The Mustard Seed (Mk 4:30-32)
- The Clean and Unclean (Mk 7:14-23)
- Salt (Mk 9:49-50)
- The Tenants (Mk 12:1-9)
- The Fig Tree (Mk 13:28-31)
Join us as we unpack Mark’s parables during Lent.